- Candidates accuse each other of military insults, disrespect for troops in first presidential debateThe first debate between President Donald Trump and Vice President Joe Biden was held Tuesday in Ohio.
- The Marine Corps put the kabosh on a John Wayne film, suggesting it to be a PR nightmare.
- More than 22,500 blue water veterans or survivors have received VA benefits payouts since January.
- More than 3,300 VA patients have died from complications related to the illness.
- A survey by Wounded Warrior Project found coronavirus restrictions left many veterans feeling disconnected and missing medical appointments.
- A state-owned health care organization in Hawaii will take over a veterans care home where 26 residents have died of the coronavirus.
Latest Air Force News
- On Monday, the Justice Department accused a Dallas towing company of illegally auctioning the vehicles of five servicemembers. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- An Army Reserve noncommissioned officer with 27 years in service became seventh soldier to die of COVID-19 complications. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- The other five B-52s in the bomber task force returned to Minot AFB Saturday. The bomber that had the emergency stayed behind for maintenance and has now returned to the States. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Instead of paying the government back for increased labor costs, Lockheed has agreed to pay for improvements to fix spare parts' electronic records. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- Irma “Pete” Cameron Dryden, a Black woman who served as a nurse to Tuskegee Airmen during World War II, has died. She was 100. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- A juvenile in a stolen car who refused to stop at a security gate caused a lockdown at McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita early Tuesday, base officials said. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
VFW at Work
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Every Sept. 29, Veterans of Foreign Wars Day is celebrated at Posts and in communities around the world. VFW Day is a day devoted to recognizing our amazing organization and its selfless and committed members worldwide who continue to serve. The VFW has been unwavering in its devotion to veterans, service […]
- Just 10 miles off the coast of Dunedin Beach, Fla., in the Gulf of Mexico, exists a Circle of Heroes. It is a tranquil, peaceful place that offers comfort for veterans inclined – and prepared – to visit it. The first-of-its-kind underwater veterans dive memorial was dedicated on Aug. 5. VFW's Junior Vice Commander-in-Chief Fritz […]
- Members of VFW Post 1822 in Plymouth, Mass., were well represented during a Sept. 1 ceremony for a new ship's bell for the Mayflower II. Post members donated their personal military service medals and other items that were melted down and cast into the ship's new bell. The bell was cast for a ship that […]
- December brings a slew of decorations, but a wreath adorning the tombstone of a veteran tops the list for hordes of volunteers annually. While the month's decorations speak the holiday language, National Wreaths Across America Day dictates an all too familiar message for veterans everywhere – Remember, Honor, Teach. For Bill Rogers, a Life member […]
- WASHINGTON – The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States provided six artifacts and personal effects to the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency today as part of its promise to help advance the noble POW/MIA missions. "Our VFW members, and their families, continue to answer the call in this very important effort to bring closure […]
- Nancy Ortiz-Rodriguez, National Pre-Discharge Claims Representative at Fort Drum, N.Y., finds satisfaction in knowing she's helping veterans have a better life, one veteran at a time. In her role with the VFW National Veterans Service, Nancy ensures separating and retiring active-duty military personnel receive the assistance they need to obtain their VA entitlements and benefits. […]